Not Good Enough?
Here are 5 tips to get past the not good enough gremlins.
1. Create a file for thanks yous and testimonials. I have a testimonial outlook folder. When I get an unexpected kind word from someone, thanking me for something I did for them or raving about the result they got after following a tip I gave, I pop it into my testimonial folder. I use these in my marketing materials AND they also pick me up when Im feeling unsure about my abilities.
2. What is good enough? Asking yourself questions is a great way to bust out of the not good enough feeling. What would be good enough? Youll almost always find that you already have enough related experience and information to be good enough!
3. What would have to happen? Ask yourself, What would have to happen to make me feel good enough? Youll either realize that youve already got what it takes or youll know what your next step is to keep moving forward.
4. What would I do if I were brave? And why am I wasting time not doing it? Mark Twain said Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Each time you do something that brings up fear, you get stronger and are able to accomplish bigger and bigger steps with less and less fear. It is easier to act your way into thinking differently than it is to think your way into acting differently. Take a baby step, get into action and leave the fear behind!
5. Write down accomplishments you are proud of. Think of 3-5 times in your life when you have done something youre proud of. Can be big or small ... times you felt good about what you did. Write briefly about what the situation was and what skills and character traits you brought to the situation to reach the outcome you are proud of. This will instantly lift your spirits and remind you of all the qualities and knowledge you bring to every situation.
You are MORE than good enough
to do anything your heart desires. That is the truth that I know about