Posts tagged talent
Prefer to LISTEN to this week’s issue?
Turn up your speakers and click here to listen.
Your creative powers are infinite. Yup…think about it. You come from the same source as all of nature around you. Look at fruit trees. How do you think those fruit push themselves up the trunk, through the branches and then hang themselves like beautiful ornaments in just the right place? Well we don’t really know how it works, but we know it’s creation.
You cannot not create. I know…many of you just don’t feel creative. Maybe your definition of “creative” has been too narrow. Creativity isn’t a gift given only to artists, sculptors, musicians, or dancers. It’s something you do naturally. Question is…what are YOU creating? You are always creating with your thoughts. Every product, every service in the world started first in someone’s mind. So “mind your mind” and direct your thoughts to things you really want to create…like abundance and good service and joy.
You are absolutely unique. There is no one quite like you. So the way you look at the world, through your eyes, your mind is different than any one else’s. Successful entrepreneurs embrace this uniqueness. Even though there are many people who cut and style hair, each does it in their own way –haven’t you had a favorite hairdresser or barber who just always got it “right”?
So don’t waste time worrying that you have nothing new to offer. You do. Yourself. Discover what it is that you enjoy about yourself and incorporate those qualities into your business. When you do, you’ll love your work and your customers and clients will love you.
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, a psychologist has written extensively on the topic of creative flow. He says when we are engaged in an almost effortless yet highly focused activity we experience “flow.” Here are the characteristics of being in “flow”:
1. Completely involved in what we are doing – focused, concentrated.
2. A sense of ecstasy – of being outside everyday reality.
3. Great inner clarity – knowing what needs to be done, and how well we are doing.
4. Knowing that the activity is doable – that skills are adequate to the task.
5. A sense of serenity – no worries about oneself, and a feeling of growing beyond the boundaries of the ego.
6. Timelessness – thoroughly focused on the present, time seems to pass by in minutes.
7. Intrinsic motivation – whatever produces flow becomes its own reward.
When have you felt that? Whatever you were doing at the time, do more of that! I celebrate and honor your creativity. Don’t hide it from the world…let it shine.
TPEntrepreneur Don’t know what you are talented at? Read this and you will