Hot Trends: Five Ways to Make Money From Home
Prefer to LISTEN to this week’s issue?
Turn up your speakers and click here to listen.
The first book I fell in love with as a child was Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery…here’s a quote I could (and still do!) relate to: “There’s such a lot of different Anne’s in me. I sometimes think that is why I’m such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn’t be half so interesting.”
Working with people who want to start their own home based businesses is pure joy for me –it allows me to use my possibility thinking to the max. Once you start seeing all kinds of opportunities to make money…you won’t be able to stop! Start by thinking of possibilities for other people you know…before you know it…you’ll start creating multiple profit centers of your own.
Here’s a roundup of just a few home based business ideas to get you started:
1. Writing. I’ve made six figures in a year from writing for the last four years. There are all kinds of ways to make money through writing: grant writing, technical writing, copywriting, resume writing, travel writing, website copywriting, and creating blogs that attract ads are just a few of the ways you can enjoy your writing skills while bringing in the bacon.
2. Computer repair. I’ve often wished I had someone reputable (a good sense of humor would be a bonus) I could call who would make home visits to repair my computer. You can serve consumers or small businesses or both.
3. Senior Services. This industry is exploding. You can provide all kinds of non-medical services. You could specialize in one or create different service packages. Some ideas: caregiver who keeps a person company while doing light housework and maybe cooking, provide transportation to appointments, shopping, yard work, or pet care/grooming/boarding.
4. Virtual Assistant. I’ve had the same VA, Pat, for several years. She lives in Texas and I’m in Southern California…and we work together beautifully. There are online schools that will provide training, certification and a listing on their websites. Pat recommends AssistU where she got her training.
5. Website/Blog Designer. This is another fast growing field. Most people are overwhelmed at the thought of creating a website or blog…if you come in with a “Do It For You” service that keeps it simple for them, you’ll have more business than you can handle alone (not a bad problem to have!). You might want to team up with a marketing coach who can help the client decide on the overall focus of the website and the copy that describes specific benefits about their products or services. Or maybe you’re talented in copywriting and can do it all!
Keep on looking for those opportunities that are a great fit for YOU. They’re endless.